Pattern Mixing

Sooooo...it's been awhile!! I know, I've been slacking!! It's been an interesting past couple of weeks but I'm back! :)

The other day I wore an outfit that I kept thinking I should wear but I kept putting it off because I was too lazy to steam the shirt. You know, it took me all of a a few minutes and was super difficult! ;) And then of course I put it on and wore it around for probably five minutes before it was wrinkled again! Oh well, I guess you'll have that!


I love the look of pattern mixing! You aren't likely to see me mixing two major prints, that's a little out there for me but I'm all for mixing subtle prints! I don't mix prints very often anyways because I'm still getting used to it for myself!

One of my co-workers repeatedly told me one print should be the dominant print and one should be more of a neutral. In my outfit both the cardigan and the gingham blouse are pretty subtle/neutral. If I had to pick one of these prints as the more subtle print it would be the gingham blouse. The print is small enough that it can almost look like a solid. Therefore, in this case the striped cardigan would be the more dominant print. You could also wear the cardigan as the subtle print if you wore it with a top that had a more dominant print, like a large floral print. If you have any tips for pattern mixing let me know! :)

The other thing about this outfit? It's another one from Sam's Club!  Okay, so the majority of it is the same outfit as from my last post about shopping at Sam's Club. I forgot what I'd worn until I was getting ready to write this post and took a look at the last one! Oh well, we all re-wear our clothes anyway!

  • Cardigan - The Limited from Sam's Club - around $19
  • Gingham Blouse - Ellen Tracy from Sam's Club - ummm probably around $19?
  • Tank top (you can't see it but I really like these tanks!) - Simply Yummie from Sam's Club - 2 pack for $17
  • Jeggings - June and Daisy from Sam's Club - $18


I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather we've been experiencing! Even with the rain last night and the clouds today I'm just glad it's warm!! Thanks for reading and sharing! :)

Comments

Popular Posts