The Nautical Trend


The weather this week has been absolutely beautiful!! I’m so glad for warm weather after the past week! The nautical trend has been pretty popular lately and yesterday I decided that was the look I was going to go for. My mom bought me these super cute anchor earrings from Express earlier this spring and I kept forgetting to pull them out.


I decided to wear a navy blue and white striped dress I bought a couple summers ago from Francesca’s. It was made out of a jersey knit fabric. It has an elastic waist band so you can adjust where you want it to sit when you’re wearing it and it creates a defined shape. I love the dress and I’ve gotten a lot of wear out of it.

I have to say though whoever made the dress was feeling really lazy. Often times I have noticed that some stores like Francesca’s, H&M, and Forever 21 will put “dry clean only” on their garments just in case something were to happen in the washing/drying cycles. Usually I just take that to mean “hang or lay flat to dry” but seriously, the dress is 96% cotton and 4% spandex. You really should be able to tumble dry that dress! Anyway, that’s the end of that rant!

To continue the nautical look I paired the dress with a red Kenneth Cole Reaction cardigan from Sam’s Club. It's hard to see the ruffles in the picture but they're there and I like them because I think it adds some extra detail to the outfit.

To accessorize I of course went with the anchor earrings and then I added a multi-strand pearl necklace, my silver watch, and a pair of navy blue sandals. (The sandals were supposed to be for my sister, why she didn’t want them I will never know! But that’s okay because then I got them! J)


One of my coworkers told me I should have saved the red, white, and blue outfit for Friday because it is Memorial Day weekend. I guess I jumped the gun on that one! We’ll just have to see what other red, white, and blue outfits I can come up with! J

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend and enjoy the nice weather!! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts