Add a belt to it: How to wear a belt

It's too cold to go outside and I am without a car anyways. My mom took me to drop off my car this morning. It has a recall on it and I wanted to get it checked out before I go on a road trip this weekend! So now I figured I would start working on a blog post while I catch up on some of my TV shows that I missed throughout last semester. Luckily missing months of a show at a time has caused me to cut some of my TV shows because I've realized I don't miss them as much as I thought I would! ....and now it's 3 days later and I have finally gotten around to uploading pictures so I can finish the post! Enjoy! :)

I love belts! You can ask Kim, I think one of her least favorite things to come out of my mouth is "add a belt to it." Adding a belt to your outfit can complete the look. Anybody can use a belt to accentuate the narrowest part of their body.  For example, Kimberly and I both own the same dress in the same size and wore it at the same time.  The difference? I love to accessorize and Kim,well...not so much!


Kim and I wearing matching dresses.

After that day, I will say that Kimberly went and bought a belt for the next time she wore that dress! :)

...also, If somebody could tell me where I put the belt that I am wearing in this picture I would love that! ;)

Belts can serve multiple purposes. Belts can make the waist appear more narrow if you choose the right belt width for the outfit and your body type. When I add a belt I usually go with a wider belt but I do wear skinny ones too. If I'm not sure what belt to wear I usually just try them on and I see which one looks better and which one creates a better proportion. 

Belts can also help to break up an outfit. Although the chevron print on our dresses creates a flattering line it is a lot of print! The belt creates a break in the outfit and adds more interest to the outfit.





Some belts that I love...and I might have to buy! 
Disclosure: I love bows and I love Target! :) I could show you plenty more belts from Target that have bows on them but I think you get the picture!!



































Comments

  1. I wish I knew how to accessorize as well as you! And I love all the outfits......I want to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I am going to enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas. Have fun with all of this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts