Happy Rainy Day!!

Oh boy was today a rainy day!! The rain wasn't around all day but I definitely got caught in a down pour!! Although the rainy weather wasn't what I really wanted I made sure to prepare an outfit around my "new" rain boots. My mom and I have traded a few pairs of shoes lately. I give her the shoes that are too small for me and she gives me the shoes that are too big for her!

Annie wanted to make yet another appearance on the blog! Mostly she just thinks if I'm standing still then it is a good time for me to pet her! :)

I decided to pair the rain boots with a pair of jeggings, my favorite type of t-shirt from Target (I found the t-shirt on clearance recently so I hope they're bringing out new colors and not totally getting rid of it!), a pink cardigan from Old Navy, my houndstooth scarf from Target, and a pair of pearl earrings (because who doesn't love pearls?!).

I'm pretty sure everybody should own a pair of pearl earrings. They're such a classic. They can be mixed and matched with other stones, metals, etc. I bought my sister a pearl necklace for her birthday last year because she didn't own one of those. In addition to the pearl earrings I think you should own a pearl necklace. You don't have to wear them both at the same time but they're classics and they go with so much! Make a t-shirt a little nicer, go for a business look, a formal look etc.





I love a houndstooth print. I think it is such a cute print! I got the scarf in the last month or so. Prior to that I frequently stole my moms houndstooth print scarf (one of the perks of living at home!!) so I figured it was a justifiable purchase! Today I decided to tie the ends of the scarf in order to turn it into an infinity scarf.

I have quite a few things with a houndstooth print like my phone case below! I designed that case myself on the Case-Mate website. I was so glad to find a case that was as durable as the Otterbox but a lot cuter and somewhat slimmer!



The pink cardigan is just because I wanted to wear a cardigan over my t-shirt and I like pink. I also like this cardigan because it has a v-neck. I have both crew neck and v-neck cardigans but I prefer the v-neck cardigans. I think they're more flattering and then I think they just work a lot better with my clothing and jewelry.

The jeggings are Cookie Johnson and they are wonderful. I love the dark wash, the length, and they way they fit. They're on the expensive side so I probably won't be buying anymore, unless my mom wants to buy them for me again! ;)

I think the boots are pretty adorable! If you can't tell in the picture they look like cowboy boots. They're just a little more fun than plain black rain boots! Although I think over the years rain boots have just gotten cuter and cuter!! There are sooo many pairs that I want to buy but I find that I generally don't wear them as often as I should in order to justify spending the money. However I found this rain boot project on Pinterest and I really want to make them! Embellish them? However you choose to phrase it they are very cute and cheaper than similar ones that I've seen in the stores!








Comments

  1. Love, love, love pearl jewelry! Tim thinks they are for grandmas, but I say who cares? Grandmas be stylin!'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus I have lots of pearl necklaces so he better put up with it!;)

      Delete
  2. So adorable!!! As always! :) xoxo, Rach

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts