Labor Day Weekend Fun

I would say this post is a little late; however, seeing as how my last post was just over a year and a half ago I don’t think a few days is too bad!

Adam and I had a good Labor Day weekend this past weekend! On Friday Adam picked me up from work and we drove down to Grafton, IL. We ate dinner at Aeries Winery because there were certain menu items we’ve been craving for over a year. Plus, wine… :) We stayed at a cute place called the Grafton Inn, which was nicely located in the middle of the main street of Grafton. It also happened to be just a few steps away from one of our favorite restaurants down there, A Peace of Quiche. Wonderful food but be prepared to eat way too much!!

On Saturday we started the day off by going for a run. After the run we went and ate brunch at A Peace of Quiche. We each got a piece of quiche, served with fruit salad, hash brown casserole, and a sweet potato biscuit (despite the fact that sweet potatoes are not my favorite I could have kept eating those biscuits all day long!!). Then since we had already eaten all that we figured we might as well split some coffee cake. They have really good coffee cake!! …and really good coffee!!

After brunch we decided to go hike through Pere Marquette State Park. After all the times I rejected my Dad’s offers to go hiking, it turns out I actually really do like hiking and being outdoors!

 
On our hike Adam found a rock formation he needed to climb. Plus, we found some great views of the Mississippi. It was a very nice hike! And despite some people’s opinions, it was not difficult terrain…but that's just me being catty, so moving on...




After the hike we changed into cute clothes and went and looked around the shops. …and to drink some wine. We can’t forget the wine when we’re in Grafton! ;)

Saturday’s outfit was brought to you by one of my favorite stores…Sam’s Club! …well at least the main components…

I forget what brand the shirt was or how much it cost…but it couldn’t have been that much or I wouldn’t have bought it! The last few years I have loved my plaid shirts! This one was nice too because it’s more lightweight. Seeing as how I’m always cold I could pretty much wear this shirt year-round. I also love the high-low hem on this shirt. Hence, I made Adam take a second picture of me to show off the high-low hem! :)
 
The jeans are Nine West (still from Sam’s Club). I know they cost less than $20 because I bought them in white and mint and I would not have bought two pairs if they were more than $20. They are super comfortable skinny jeans and I love the way they fit. I bought them without trying them on (since they are from Sam’s Club) and I ended up being super pleased with how they fit. In terms of fit they’re some of my favorite skinny jeans I own. I probably own too many pairs of skinny jeans for one person… The cami is the Sonoma brand from Kohl’s and when they’re on sale you can get them for $7 or $8! Camis are pretty much a daily part of my wardrobe and these ones fit really well.

The accessories came from a variety of places. Adam got the Toms for me for my birthday. I love Toms! (I miss my black sparkly ones L) The purse was from a wholesale store when mom and I went to the Atlanta merchandise mart last year. I think the necklace was from Haute Look. Mom got it for me for my birthday or Christmas one year. I like to add sparkle to my daily life; therefore, the blingy necklace with the plaid shirt! I frequently wear pearls or blingy necklaces/jewelry with my plaid shirts because, well, why not?! One of the storeowners commented on it and thought it was really cool that I was mixing the two styles. I told her I think it’s fun to dress up the more casual pieces. I didn’t really think too much about it the first time I did it and then I just kept doing it! …Darrin, is this when you think I’m being tacky??

That night Adam and I went to Dave & Buster’s in St. Louis. Which besides the fact that we always have fun there, is totally worth mentioning because we FINALLY got the jackpot on one of our favorite games!! …twice!! :)  The occasion was obviously worth a selfie!

Sunday, we went to Raging Rivers waterpark in Grafton. Then we went home and pigged out on Qdoba and life was good! (Life was good all weekend!)

Poe was happy on Monday. His people were home and he got his first puppuccino! Poe’s just as hooked on Starbucks as I am now! ;)


And now that it’s once again the weekend, happy weekend everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts