Weekend Recap

I had so much fun this past weekend! I was able to go up to Iowa to see some of my favorite girls, Rachel, Krista, and Kathiah!! (Thao, we DEFINITELY missed having you around and wished you could have been there!!) Rachel was my community advisor freshman year in the dorms, Krista lived a few rooms down from me, and Kathiah lived next door to me (until I moved into her room :)). I was lucky enough to live with all of these girls during my adventure at Iowa State and they became like my family and some of their families became my family! :)

It was a fun weekend filled with good friends, fun games, and very tasty food! On Friday Rachel and I ate some very delicious brownies and then we went for a walk. After the walk we had dinner with Rachel's sister, Sarah, and Kathiah.  Rachel made us a fajita chicken bake and we also had margaritas. It was all delicious!! After dinner Rachel, Kathiah, and I played Cycloneopoly (the Iowa State themed Monopoly that Emily got me for Christmas!! :)). It was a lot of fun to remember different things about Iowa State. Kathiah and I are not as good at managing our Monopoly money as Rachel is so we teamed up to beat her! ;)

The fun continued on Saturday. After sleeping in past 10:00 Rachel and I joined Krista and Krista's sister, Kelsey, for lunch at Cheddar's. After lunch we went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for dinner and then it was back to Rachel's house. There, Krista, Rachel, and I decided to have our own little photoshoot.
I don't do serious very well! :)
We like to have fun!
After that fun we decided to change into our sweats and exchange Christmas gifts. My friends are really good at picking out presents for me!! :) Then we played a lot of games and snacked on the bonbons and chocolates we got for one another as parts of our presents. Eventually we decided we were hungry and we set out to cook dinner! We made homemade meatballs and a bolognese sauce from the bolognese cavatelli recipe Krista found on Pinterest. (Just don't ask Krista to pronounce the name of the recipe :P) We must be awesome chefs because it was all very delicious! :) Oh, and then we made scotcheroos because scotcheroos are delicious!! Plus they remind me of Iowa because I had never had them before I went to Iowa State! Then we watched some movies and played some card games. It was a nice, relaxing, fun evening with the girls!

Sunday I went to lunch with Kathiah, and her fiancé Chris, and just spent some time visiting before I headed back home! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend (except for if Thao could have joined us!)! I missed spending time with those girls but hopefully we can make it happen again soon!!


My outfit on Saturday came from Sam's Club! Actually, each of the outfits I had on this weekend had at least one piece of clothing from Sam's Club...


Mom and I just bought the jacket the other day. It's comfy, warm, and it fits really well!

This is the shirt I had on underneath the jacket. I bought the shirt last summer. I have it in at least three colors because I like ruffles! :)

The jeggings are the June and Daisy ones from this post. I still love them and they still sell them! I just bought a new pair because of the hole in one of my pairs (although I still haven't gotten rid of that pair...).

The necklace and the shoes I had worn to lunch were the only things that weren't from Sam's Club. The necklace and the boots (they were my combat boots) were from Target. Target is another favorite place to shop! :)
Thanks for reading! I hope you all stay warm and have a good week! :)

Comments

Popular Posts