I've been slacking but I'm back!

Boy have I been slacking lately! Where did February go?! There were plenty of times I intended to write a new blog post...like the one about my new Stella and Dot necklace that I love but so far I've failed at sitting down and writing that one!

February was a good month for me. Busy, but good! I started the month off with a trip to New York City with my Mom. It was so much fun and I was able to check some items off of my bucket list! Some of the awesome things we did included seeing a live performance of Phantom of the Opera, going to the Today show and meeting some of the anchors, going to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum and going on a run through Central Park.

Other than that February was filled with adjusting to my new job at Scheels and rehearsing for the upcoming production of The Fiddler on the Roof at the Hoogland! (The show is March 20-22 and March 27-29...you should probably come see it! ;)) And of course I snuck some time in to go running and to hang out with my wonderful friends!

At work we have a uniform. I like it because I no longer have to think about what I want to wear. I dislike it because I love all of my other clothes so much! This will probably save me money in the long run...

This is my uniform polo. Then I wear "nice" pants (no pants with rivets!), my black Columbia fleece, and usually tennis shoes because they're the most comfortable shoes I have and I tend to get quite a few steps in at work!

I have yet to wear my uniform to rehearsals (or wherever I go after work) because a.) I usually run in between and therefore have to change anyway and b.) I love my other clothes and I need to wear them!

Ignore the really messy hair! ;)
I was in the mood for comfy yesterday. The grey sweater I wore is from Gap. I don't remember how long ago...probably my Freshman or Sophomore year at Iowa State? So, five or six years ago. And in reality this one is my mom's. I wore mine too much and it started looking really shabby (I'm talking holes in it). So my mom gave me hers because she didn't wear it as much as I did. It's a wonderful sweater, I still have some wear left in this one but I'll have to keep my eye out for replacement options. I'm pretty sure this was basically a buy one get one free deal so it would be great if I could find another option like that! 

Then I also wore a black and white striped shirt from Target. It was part of the Merona collection. It has a loose fit with a v-neck and a shirt-tail hem. On bottom I wore my favorite type of jeggings from Sam's Club. They're so comfortable and they're a pretty good price so it's a good situation all around. Since I was really going for comfy I choose my Bailey Button Uggs over my riding boots. It was a comfy outfit and it was wonderful! ...to add to the level of comfort I also had my pink Cinderella fleece blanket wrapped around me for most of the rehearsal! ;)

Thanks for reading! I'll try not to slack so much in the future! But I'm not promising anything!

Comments

Popular Posts