What I've been up to!

So it is clearly safe to say I have been failing at writing new posts this fall! I've been busy working, doing school work, running, and keeping up with family and friends!!

Four weeks ago today one of my best friends, Megan, got married! I was so honored to be a part of her celebration and am so happy for her and Max!!

Kimberly, Megan, and I at Megan and Max's wedding!! Friends for 19 years and counting!

A week later I ran my first marathon!! It was painful but definitely worth it!! Hopefully there will be at least one more in my future!! Although if you asked me the day of the race I swore I was never ever going to do another one again!
Finishing the marathon!!

And last weekend my twin sister, Kimberly, got married!! It was great to formally welcome Andrew into the family!! My friend Darrin, came down for the wedding because he has been promising to visit since we graduated from Iowa State in May 2012! It was so great to see all of my family and friends!! I did not get to visit with everyone as much as I would have liked but I'm glad they could all make it!! 
Darrin and me! :)

Kimberly and me! 

Haley, me, Kimberly, Megan, and Emily!

Andrew and me! ...and Jen! :)
Things are starting to slow down though! The fun things I have on my calendar are starting to spread out. So more time for homework and filling out job applications! Yay me! :P Can I hire someone to find me a job?!

So I've been wanting to buy combat boots for the last few year because I always think people look super cute in them! I didn't know what to wear with them though and I kept thinking I wouldn't look so cute so I continued to talk myself out of buying them. This year I finally decided to actually buy a pair and I love them!! I've worn them quite a bit so far this fall and I'm sure I will continue to wear them even more once it gets even colder. 

Yesterday I wore them with my favorite jeggings from Sam's Club and a shirt I bought last summer at TJ Maxx. I was definitely going for comfy yesterday!


I got my combat boots at Target. They're the Mossimo Supply Co. brand. I like the zipper on the side because it makes them very easy to get on and off. I also like the color of the brown because I've been able to wear them with both my black and my blue jeggings! I know black, brown, and navy are all neutral colors but sometimes I still hesitate to mix them! (although I am much better about it than I used to be!)

Thanks for reading!! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts